Now - this one is for the ladies!! If you’re like me you have more than one purse...which means you also have more than one purse that needs to be cleaned. Except, how the HECK are we supposed to do that? It’s not like we can just throw them into the washing machine and POOF, everything is all good.
If you are a busy student, a Mom, or someone that travels a lot for work chances are that your purse is more of a mini-suitcase than an actual purse. Lipstick, gum, gum wrappers, food particles, McDonalds toys, tissues, poket mirror, bobby pins, loose change...and the list goes on and on. I guess the best thing so say is that our purses eventually become a black hole - making finding the important things (like keys) a total nightmare.
Now - every once in awhile we will take it upon ourselves to clean out the black hole and attempt some sort of organization, right? Well - sadly when we do this we also get to see how dirty the inside of our purse has become. :( So - here comes the entire point of this post...
Before you can re-organize your purse you need to make sure it’s clean.
How to clean your purse...
- Empty out all contents and turn the purse inside out.
- Shake out all the crumbs and other debris into the trash can.
- Make a mixture of 1 part white vinegar, 1 part hot water.
- Use a rag, and wiped the inside of the purse with the mixture. Don’t go overboard - you don’t need to soak the liner - just make sure it gets a good wipe.
- Let the inside of the bag air-dry.
- If your purse is fabric on the outside you can use the same mixture, just rub in circular motions. And don’t worry, it won’t smell like vinegar when you’re done, I promise. If your have a leather bag then obviously you should be using a leather cleaning product - they are easy to find and always do a nice job. :)
Now that your purse is clean you can continue with the re-organization. One thing to keep in mind is that if you do this every few months you can avoid getting it REALLY dirty. Personally I have a few bags that I switch between every month, so I am never carrying one for too long - and I actually clean them this way each time. Most are leather so I use the leather protector that I bought, but the vinegar and water really does do a good job on the inside.
Anyway - that’s all for now ladies. Hope you enjoyed the post - and don’t forget to bookmark the page so you can check back and see what other interesting things I write about.
PS: Wouldn’t be right if I did not at least plug the company. Purses aside, you shouldn’t have to waste your precious free time doing laundry - just let us take care of it for you. Give us a call today or sign up right on the site, it’s that easy!
By: Amanda Relyea-Voss