You have been working hard all week, shouldn’t you be able to enjoy your time off? I think you should. Personally I try to keep as busy as possible – and that does not include doing laundry. So, I decided to share 15 things that are more fun than laundry.
Liven up your free time with these…
1. Learn to Juggle!! This fun and healthy pastime is a great way to impress your friends. Plus, who doesn’t want to know how to juggle?
2. Drum! No you don’t need to go out and buy a drum kit, just grab some percussive objects from around the house and work out a groove. Fun for the whole family right? Just make sure that no one has a headache.
3. Watch wildlife. Heading out to your local park, or out to the countryside is a great (and free) way to see nature in action. Plus who wants to sit inside when it’s nice out anyway.
4. Do some gardening! Grab your gardening gloves and head into your garden! If you live in an apartment building you can start a balcony garden – they are just as fun, and pretty too!
5. Join a book club. If you are really into reading you can easily find a monthly, or weekly, club. Plus it’s a great way to meet like-minded people and discuss something you are passionate about.
6. Hang out with your friends. Yeah – it seems pretty obvious, but sometimes we get so busy that we don’t have as much time as we would like to spend with friends. Make an effort – you’ll be glad you did.
7. Visit free museums. Shouldn’t be too hard to find a list of free places to check out in town – you might even learn something.
8. Make a homemade pizza. To some this might just be “cooking” but I’ve done it a few times and always though it was really fun.
9. Draw. You don’t need to be good at it, and it’s a great way to take your mind off of everything and just concrete at the task at hand. I am partial to the “doodle”, but that’s just me.
10. Make a Paper Fortune Teller: Great fun for all ages, this simple activity creates you an amusing fortune teller. Follow this free guide and experiment away.
11. Make a kite. You can do it at home, then take it outside and fly it somewhere.
12. Build a fort. Chances are you have a couch, some blankets and some pillows. Cardboard boxes are also useful. Construct a mini-fort for yourself and your family and enjoy being childish for a day.
13. Read. Head to your local library, find something that interests you and spend a quiet afternoon cuddled up on the couch.
14. Learn a foreign language. Certainly not something you can do in a day, but there is nothing is stopping you from taking up French, German, Italian, whatever your heart desires.
15. Blow bubbles. You can go about this in different ways – either go and buy the premade solution from the store or have a go at making it yourself at home. Can’t say I’ve done that – but everyone loves bubbles.
So – I guess what I am trying to get at with this blog is that there are many fun things you can do in your spare time. Segway into sales pitch…so – why spend those precious moments in your laundry room washing and folding clothes? That’s what I thought, seems like a waste to me. Let us take care of it for you by picking everything up, washing it, folding it and delivering it back. You’d be surprised at how much more free time you’ll have – and it costs the same as doing it yourself (after you factor in water, electricity, stain removers and detergent).
Be sure to give us a call if you have any questions, we’re here to make your life easier – and more fun.
By: Amanda Relyea-Voss